& Joystick help page
- For best heli performance, you need to configure the joystick and graphics.
- Graphics: You need to 'dumb' down the graphics so that you get at least 15-20
FPS Frame Rate (press CTRL-Z until you see two lines of text in your viewscreen). Go into:
Options, Preferences, Display, Display Options, Scenery and turn off everything but:
Textured Ground, Textured Buildings, Smooth Transition View, Textured Water and Image
- Graphics: For further graphics adjustment, go into World and set Scenery
Complexity to Normal and turn off Dynamic Scenery. Also you can turn off clouds in World,
- Joystick: Go to: Options, Custom Controls, Sensitivities. Set the JOYSTICK (not
keyboard) settings to: Ailerons= 0% Null, 60% Sens / Elevator= 0% Null, 60% Sens / Rudder=
0% Null, 60% Sens / Throttle= 0% Null, 60% Sens.
- If you can, try to buy the MS Sidewinder joystick (Precision Pro or
ForceFeedback Pro). Turn Forcefeedback off if you have it turned on. Turn off fancy
graphics in Options, Preferences, Display, Display Options, Scenery.
- It really helped me to have my 'fancy' joystick. it's MS sidewinder Pro which
has a twisting handle so that I can have easy rudder control. You turn with your rudder
and keep the heli level with ailerons as much as possible.
- It's my opinion that it's almost impossible to learn to fly a heli without a
good joystick or some way to control the rudder BUT, if you apply yourself, you'll find
that you don't want to fly ANYTHING else, I'm serious!
Y'all can e-mail me at:
Back to the FS98 Site
Back to Beetle Bailey's Site
Last updated 99-11-22 @ 06:30 CST